for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Robert Louis Stevenson - "Tusitala"
Robert Louis Stevenson wrote some of the most famous novels of the 19th century. Taken ten questions on this man who crammed a lot into his short life.
April 10, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Robert L Stevenson
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Robert Louis Stevenson)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what country of the British Isles was Robert Louis Stevenson born in 1850?
2. As a child and throughout his life Robert Louis Stevenson suffered from what medical complaint?
B. chest infections
C. migraine headaches
D. club foot
3. In 1876 in France, Robert Louis Stevenson met and fell in love with Fanny Osbourne who was a native of which country?
A. U S A
C. New Zealand
4. Which of the following novels was not written by Robert Louis Stevenson?
B. The Master of Ballantrae
C. The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
D. The Red Badge of Courage
5. Which of the following children's book did Robert Louis Stevenson write?
A. A Child's Garden of Verses
B. The Fairy Tale of My Life
C. The Tale of Peter Rabbit
D. The Children of the New Forest
6. Arguably, Stevenson's most famous novel was Treasure Island. Which of the following was not a character from that book?
A. Dr Livesey
B. Jin Hawkins
C. Admiral Benbow
D. Long John Silver
7. Which of the following has been used to describe the style of Robert Louis Stevenson?
A. lacking in character development
B. morally ambiguous
C. overly-reliant on metaphor
D. champion of the lower classes
8. On which Pacific island did Robert Louis Stevenson live out his days?
9. Stevenson was given the name "Tusitala" by Pacific Islanders. This title means what?
A. Man with the mighty pen
B. White man from over the horizon
D. teller of tales
10. Robert Louis Stevenson died aged 44 in the South Pacific in December, 1894 from what cause?
A. cerebral hemorrhage
D. killed by invading warriors from another island
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by