for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - D-Day Part II
More questions on the greatest seaborne invasion the world has seen that also was the start of the defeat of the Third Reich.
January 03, 2016
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who was given responsibility by Hitler to ensure the French coast was reinforced against possible Allied attack?
2. What was the first codename used by the Allies when they commenced planning for an invasion of France
A. Operation Roundup
B. Operation Fightback
C. Operation Sealord
D. Operation Tungsten
3. Before the D Day landing what country's forces had attempted the only armed landing of France in August, 1942?
B. U S A
C. Free French
4. The German defences boasted of their K boats as one of its strengths. What role did these boats play?
A. They were manned by locals to report on naval movements.
B. They were mainly unmanned and loaded with explosives.
C. They were similar to U S Navy P T boats - small and maneuverable.
D. They were armed amphibious vehicles.
5. Before the D-Day attack the combined allied naval forces had to a undertake separate operation to prepare the way for the landing. This operation had what name?
A. Operation Thunder
B. Operation Lightning
C. Operation Neptune
D. Operation Posiedon
6. The D-Day attack was delayed one day for what reason?
A. Winston Churchill believed 6/6 would be lucky.
B. Bad weather
C. Illness of Dwight Eisenhower
D. Canadian ships were late arriving at the agreed location
7. Approximately how many craft were used in the D-Day attack?
8. By mid-morning of the D-Day attack how many of the five beaches were secured?
9. By the end of the first day of the D-Day attack approximately how troops had landed in France?
10. Crucial to the success of D-Day were two gigantic portable harbors of over six miles in length that were towed into place. What distinctive fruit name did they have?
A. Mulberry harbors
B. Strawberry harbors
C. Blackberry harbors
D. Gooseberry harbors
Conditions of Use