for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Guglielmo Marconi - Father of Wireless Telegraphy
Marconi (1874-1937) was a single- minded perfectionist who brought wireless technology to the world, changing communications forever. Take ten questions on his fascinating journey.
September 25, 2015
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Guglielmo Marconi)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Guglielmo Marconi was born in 1874 in what Italian city?
2. What description below best suited Marconi?
A. overweight, social recluse
B. handsome, ladies' man
C. homosexual engaged in a sham marriage
D. bipolar and unoredictable
3. Which scientist's discovery assisted Marconi in the development of radio?
4. Where was Marconi holidaying when struck by the idea of using radio waves for communication?
A. Swiss Alps
B. French Alps
C. German Alps
D. Italian Alps
5. What initial problem did Marconi have to overcome in his development of radio?
A. sending the waves in curved rather than straight lines
B. sun spot interference
C. lack of a reliable electrical supply
6. To what country did Marconi take his burgeoning radio experiments for further development?
7. Which family member was vital in Marconi's success?
8. To send his wireless messages across the Atlantic Ocean, where did Marconi position kite-carried aerials?
D. Mid-Atlantic, from a specially constructed lighthouse
9. In December, 1901 Marconi knew he had achieved a trans-Atlantic signal when he heard what letter delivered in Morse Code?
10. What part of the atmosphere did Marconi unknowlingly use to bounce radio waves from?
Conditions of Use