for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Golda Meir - Mother of Modern Israel
She threw herself into the Zionist cause and became the fourth Prime Minister of Israel. Ten questions on Golda Meir whose struggle to see the creation of the Israeli state was her driving force.
October 30, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Golda Meir @ Office of the Historian)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what country was Golda Meir born on May 3, 1898?
2. What last name was Golda Meir born with?
3. From the age of 8 to 23 Golda Meir lived mostly in what U S state?
A. West Virginia
4. In May, 1921 Golda Meir and her husband, Morris Meyerson moved to which country?
5. Golda Meir's active support for an independent Jewish state saw her and others fast against the policies of what nation?
6. Which of the following positions did Golda Meir not occupy before becoming Prime Minister of Israel?
A. Ambassador to the Soviet Union
B. Labour Minister
C. Foreign Minister
D. Deputy Prime Minister
7. In 1965 what significant event occurred in Golda Meir's life?
A. Her husband died.
B. She retired from public life.
C. She became a grandmother.
D. She was invited to address the United Nations General Assembly.
8. Which Israeli Prime Minister did Gold Meir succeed in 1969?
A. David Ben-Gurion
B. Yitzhak Rabin
C. Levi Eshkol
D. Moshe Sharett
9. What event was the catalyst that saw Golda Meir resign as Prime Minister?
A. The Six Day War
B. The Munich Hostages Massacre
C. The Yom Kippur War
D. The collapse of the Israeli shekel
10. Before her death in 1978 Golda Meir published her autobiography with what title?
A. My Struggle
B. My Way
C. My Fight
D. My Life
Conditions of Use