for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - William Gladstone - British Prime Minister
Questions on William Gladstone (1809-1898) who was Prime Minister of Great Britain during some of his nation's greatest years.
August 04, 2013
British Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Before entering politics, what was William Gladstone's intended profession?
2. Which Prime Minister saw potential in the young William Gladstone and made him Colonial Secretary.
A. Pitt the Younger
3. At what age did William Gladstone first become Prime Minister of Great Britain?
4. Which political party did William Gladstone represent?
5. How many separate times did William Gladstone serve as Prime Minister?
6. What activity of William Gladstone's caused some adverse public comment?
A. Attempting to reform London prostitutes
B. Creating drying out homes for London's alcoholics
C. Advocation of multiple marriages
D. His remarriage to a woman 30 years his junior
7. What English military campaign reflected badly on William Gladstone?
A. The Indian Mutiny
B. The Zulu Wars
C. The Siege of Khartoum
D. The Crimean War
8. What contentious policy did William Gladstone attempt to introduce?
A. Ten hour working day
B. National health system
C. Child endowment
D. Home rule for Ireland
9. Which of the following quotes is not from William Gladstone?
A. We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power.
B. Justice delayed is justice denied.
C. The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own.
D. No one ever became great except through many and great mistakes.
10. Which of the following facts is true of William Gladstone?
A. He was Great Britain's oldest Prime Minister when he retired.
B. He was a favourite of Queen Victoria.
C. He wanted to raise the age for those eligible to vote.
D. He was buried in St Paul's Cathedral
Conditions of Use