for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Tony Curtis - What a Life!
Ten questions on the boy from the Bronx who conquered Hollywood.
May 26, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons: Tony Curtis)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What unglamorous name was bestowed on Tony Curtis when he was born in the Bronx in 1925?
A. Archibald Leach
B. Marion Morrison
C. Bernard Schwarz
D. Spangler Burgh
2. Tony Curtis met a number of challenges as a child. Which of the following was not one of them?
A. A schizophrenic mother and brother
B. A drunken father who beat him
C. The death of his brother at the age of 12
D. Constant fights with anti-Semitic New York youngsters
3. Joining the navy in World War II, what dramatic historical event did Tony Curtis witness?
A. The surrender of the Japanese forces
B. The landing at Iwo Jima
C. The devastation of Hiroshima after the atomic bomb
D. The return of Douglas MacArthur to the Philippines.
4. Renowned for his good looks and charm, Tony Curtis had a way with many women. How many of them became his wife?
5. Tony Curtis and his first wife, Janet Leigh, appeared together in five feature films. Which of the following was not one of them?
A. Operation Petticoat
C. The Black Shield of Falworth
D. Who Was That Lady
6. Tony Curtis was only nominated once for a Best Actor Oscar in which of the following films?
A. Operation Petticoat
B. The Defiant Ones
D. The Boston Strangler
7. Which of Tony Curtis's films has been voted by some critics as the funniest movie of all time?
A. The Great Race
B. Sweet Smell of Success
C. Paris, When it Sizzles
D. Some Like It Hot
8. Following his movie career, Tony Curtis starred in many television roles. In which animated series did he guest star?
A. The Simpsons
B. The Jetsons
C. The Flintstones
D. Scooby Doo
9. What hobby became a passion for Tony Curtis, surpassing his interest in acting?
B. Piano playing
10. Tony Curtis became the patron and major donor of a foundation to rebuild the Great Synagogue and preserve Jewish cemeteries in which European nation?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by