for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Jim Palmer- Outstanding Pitcher
How much do you know about this baseball Hall of Famer?
February 08, 2013
Major League Baseball
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Jim Palmer)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Jim spent his entire 19 year Major League baseball career with what team?
A. Boston Red Sox
B. California Angels
C. Baltimore Orioles
D. Detroit Tigers
2. What jersey number did Jim wear while playing Major League baseball?
3. What was Jim's nickname?
B. Punishing Palmer
C. Fire Chief
4. What state was Jim born in?
A. New York
5. Jim was one of the rare pitchers in baseball to never do what during his career?
A. Give up back to back homeruns
B. Never give up a Grand Slam homerun
C. Never give up a homerun in the 1st inning
D. Both A and B
6. Jim is the only pitcher in Major League baseball history to do what?
A. Win back to back World Series MVP's
B. Win a World Series game in 3 different decades
C. Win All- Star and World Series MVP in the same season
D. Strikeout 12 consecutive batters in a World Series game
7. Jim is the youngest pitcher in World Series history to do what?
A. Pitch a Shutout
B. Throw a No Hitter
C. Throw a Perfect game
D. Strike out 12 or more hitters
8. On May 16, 1965, Jim hit the first of his three career homeruns off what team?
A. Chicago White Sox
B. Boston Red Sox
C. New York Yankees
D. Texas Rangers
9. Jim's final Major League win came in Game 3 of the 1983 World Series against what team?
A. L.A. Dodgers
B. Philadelphia Phillies
C. St. Louis Cardinals
D. Atlanta Braves
10. Jim was a spokesman for what men's briefs company in the 1970's?
A. Calvin Klein
C. Fruit of the Loom
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by