for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Assassination of Mahatma Gandhi
A quiz about the death of the man who campaigned for peace only to end his life in a violent manner. The facts surrounding the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
January 06, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Mohandas K Gandhi
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Mohandas Gandhi Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was Mohandas Gandhi assassinated on January 30, 1948?
A. Near his home in New Delhi
B. On his way to Parliament House in New Delhi
C. In Kolkata, about to address a rally
D. While negotiating with warring factions in West Pakistan
2. The man who shot Gandhi was a Hindu extremist. What job did he have?
C. Newspaper editor
3. Why did some extreme Hindus want to kill Gandhi?
A. For his role in the creation of Pakistan
B. For removing the steadying influence of Britain from Indian life
C. They felt Gandhi had come to believe he was a demi-god and above the people
D. For Gandhi's criticism of anti-Muslim riots
4. How many attempts were made on Gandhi's life?
5. Which family relations were with Gandhi when he was shot?
A. Wife and son
6. What type of gun did the killer use?
A. Luger pistol
B. Smith and Wesson revolver
C. Beretta automatic pistol
D. Deringer pistol
7. How many bullets were fired at Gandhi?
8. What were Gandhi's final words after being shot?
A. I wonder why he shot me?
B. I forgive him.
D. Ai Ram, Ram
9. How long did Gandhi live after being shot?
A. He died instantly
B. Two hours
C. Ten hours
D. two days
10. Who represented Britain at Gandhi's funeral?
A. Earl Mountbatten
B. Princess Elizabeth
C. Prince Phillip
D. No one from Britain attended
Pine River Consulting 2022