for extra features!
Science & Nature
TV, Radio & Stage
Question by Question
Trivia Quiz - Yankee Doodle Dandy
A quiz on the flag-waving biopic musical of the life of George M. Cohan for which James Cagney received an Oscar as Best Actor. This is a great Yankee Doodle Dandy trivia quiz!
May 05, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. On what holiday was George M. Cohan born?
A. Christmas Day
B. New Year's Day
C. Independence Day
D. Thanksgiving Day
2. Which President summoned Cohan to the White House to receive a Congressional Medal of Honor?
A. Calvin Coolidge
B. Franklin Roosevelt
C. Herbert Hoover
D. Woodrow Wilson
3. What was the name of the leader of "The Four Cohans" who was also George's father?
4. In the film, what was the first successful play Cohan wrote?
A. Forty Five Minutes From Broadway
B. Yankee Doodle Dandy
C. Little Nellie Kelly
D. Little Johnny Jones
5. What song did Cohan's partner, Sam offer to the actress Fay Templeton in an attempt to persuade her to appear in one of their plays?
A. That Haunting Melody
B. I'm In Love With One Of The Stars
C. Mary's a Grand Old Name
D. Give My Regards to Broadway
6. In "You're a Grand Old Flag" which President is shown marching with troops?
A. Theodore Roosevelt
B. Abraham Lincoln
C. George Washington
D. Ulysses Grant
7. Eddie Foy appeared in the film and mused out loud as to what he thought the M in Cohan's name stood for, which was?
8. What was the name of the dramatic play Cohan wrote in an attempt to prove to his critics he could do more than wave a flag?
9. When Cohan tries to enlist in the army to serve in World War I he is rejected for being too old at what age?
10. What song was the last heard in the film and had Cohan singing with it?
A. Yankee Doodle Dandy
B. Give My Regards To Broadway
C. You're a Grand Old Flag
D. Over There
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by