for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Doc Holliday: Legendary Gambler and Gunfighter
A few notes on the notorious Old West physician. Great Doc Holliday trivia to test your knowledge!
April 18, 2012
Old West Lawmen & Outlaws
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Doc Holliday Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Doc Holliday was an actual doctor. What kind of physician was he?
A. Family Doctor
2. In which U.S state was Holliday born and raised?
A. West Virginia
3. In which U.S. city did Holliday attain his medical degree?
B. New York
4. Holliday gave up his practice and moved west after a short time. Why did he do this?
A. He was broken-hearted following a bad love affair.
B. He was sued professionally and lost everything.
C. He was diagnosed with tuberculosis and moved for his health.
D. He was bored and yearned for the adventure of the wild west.
5. Where did Holliday meet Wyatt Earp?
A. Deadwood,South Dakota
B. Fort Griffin,Texas
6. About this same time, Holliday met Mary Catherine Elder Haroney, who became his travelling companion. What was her nickname?
A. Tall Cathy
B. Crazy Mary
C. Calamity Cate
D. Big Nose Kate
7. Doc Holliday has been portrayed many times in movies and television. Which of these actors did NOT play him at some time?
A. Kirk Douglas
B. Adam West
C. Val Kilmer
D. Liam Neeson
8. While in Tombstone, Arizona, Holliday was involved in the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. When did this occur?
A. Oct 22, 1881
B. Oct 26, 1881
C. Nov 12, 1882
D. Nov 21, 1883
9. Holliday succumbed to illness in a sanitorium near Glenwood Springs in 1887. What state was this in?
D. New Mexico
10. How old was John Henry 'Doc' Holliday when he died?
Conditions of Use