for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Kirk Gibson: A Hobbling Hero
This is a quiz on Detroit Tiger great and 1988 World Series Hero Kirk Gibson, who gave us one of the most memorable World Series at-bats in the history of the game.
April 13, 2012
Major League Baseball
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Kirk Gibson @ bakersfieldnow.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Kirk is most remembered for his Heroic home run for the Dodgers in Game #1 of the 1988 World Series against the Oakland A's. What pitcher did Kirk hit the home run off?
A. Steve Ontiveros
B. Erik Plunk
C. Gene Nelson
D. Dennis Eckersley
2. How many All-Star games did Kirk play in?
3. What college did Kirk attend?
A. Michigan State
B. Ohio State
4. How many years did Kirk play baseball while in college?
5. Kirk played football in college and was an All-American. What position did he play?
A. Running Back
B. Wide Reciever
D. Tight End
6. Kirk was drafted by the Detroit Tigers and what NFL team?
A. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
B. Detroit Lions
C. St.Louis Cardinals
D. Philadelphia Eagles
7. Kirk wore what jersey number for his entire baseball career?
8. In 1987, Kirk set an avaition record in Lakeland, Florida by flying what aircraft at an altitude of 25,200 feet?
A. Cessna 206
B. Agusta A109 Helicopter
C. Boeing B-17 E
D. Hot Air Balloon
9. Kirk got his first MLB manager's job with what organization?
A. Detroit Tigers
B. Arizona Diamondbacks
D. Tampa Bay Rays
10. What was the only year that Kirk won the MVP Award?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by