for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Hanukkah
Hanukkah celebrates the victory of Jewish troops led by Judah Maccabee over the Greek soldiers, the miracle of purified oil, which lit Menorah for eight days continuously, and the rededication of Holy Temple in Jerusalem.
February 05, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Menorah @ wikipedia.org)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. During Hanukkah, what is the name of the candle used to light the others?
2. How many days is Hanukkah celebrated?
3. What is the total number of candles lit during the holiday of Hanukkah?
4. According to the Hebrew calendar, Hannukkah starts on what day in the month of Kislev?
5. In what city did the Maccabees live?
D. Beth El
6. What does the word 'Hanukkah' mean?
B. eternal oil
D. flight from persecution
7. Candles are placed in the Menorah (a special candelabrum) from right to left. In what order are they lit?
A. right to left
B. left to right
C. from center working out to the ends
D. on each end working toward the middle
8. Who was the father of Judah the Maccabee?
9. What does the word Maccabee mean?
10. Which letter is NOT on the sivivon (dreidel)?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by