for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Sister Elizabeth Kenny
A quiz on the woman who changed the way polio victims were treated and the way they were able to live their lives.
December 22, 2011
Doctors & Medicine
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Sister Elizabeth Kenny @ sisterkenny.net)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which Australian state was Elizabeth Kenny born in 1880?
A. New South Wales
D. South Australia
2. Where did Elizabeth Kenny gain her medical qualifications?
A. Sydney, Australia
B. She was never qualified
C. Brisbane, Queensland
D. London, England
3. Sister Kenny's polio treatment was based on which method?
A. Splinting arms and legs and complete rest
B. Exercise, massage and immersing affected limbs in hot baths
C. As much sunlight as possible to restore vitamin D levels.
D. Restricted fat diet and yoga
4. During World War I Sister Kenny served as a nurse in what mode?
A. On board hospital ships
B. In field hospitals in France and Belgium
C. As a rehabilitation nurse in Australia
D. In various London hospitals
5. Sister Kenny's radical treatment of polio angered many of the medical establishment. What was done to try and curb her?
A. Deny her space in hospitals to practice
B. Accuse her of being a charlatan
C. A Royal Commission convened to investigate her methods
D. All the above
6. Which famous Australian star publicly voiced support for Sister Kenny's methods?
A. Annette Kellerman - The Million Dollar Mermaid
B. Errol Flynn
C. Merle Oberon
D. Dame Nellie Melba
7. To which US state did Sister Kenny move in 1940, following an outbreak of polio?
8. Which US actress portrayed Elizabeth Kenny in the 1946 film "Sister Kenny"?
A. Barbara Stanwyck
B. Jean Arthur
C. Rosalind Russell
D. Katharine Hepburn
9. Which star of M*A*S*H* was a patient of Sister Elizabeth Kenny?
A. Harry Morgan
B. Mike Farrell
C. Jamie Farr
D. Alan Alda
10. Near the end of her life, Elizabeth Kenny developed which muscular and nerve affliction that eventually killed her?
B. motor neurone disease
C. Parkinson's disease
D. Huntingdon's disease
Pine River Consulting 2022