for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Grigori Rasputin: Mystic or Charlatan?
Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin was a Russian Orthodox Christian and mystic who is perceived as having influenced the latter days of the Russian Emperor Nicholas II.
December 07, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Grigori Y Rasputin
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Grigori Rasputin Public Domain Image)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Some of his contemporaries refered to Rasputin by what moniker?
A. Old Devil
B. Mad Monk
C. Evil Incarnate
D. Elder Prince
2. Two of Rasputin's siblings died young; how did Rasputin honor them, later in life?
A. He tattooed their names onto his arms.
B. He had them buried in the Winter Palace, in a spot reserved for royalty.
C. He named his children after his siblings.
D. He convinced the Czar to name the prince and princess after Rasputin's siblings.
3. When he was around the age of eighteen, Rasputin spent three formative months doing what?
A. Adrift on a small boat in the Barents Sea.
B. In prison for petty theft.
C. In a Monastery.
D. In a coma when he ingested tainted morphine.
4. Rasputin arrived in Saint Petersburg circa 1903, where he gradually gained a reputation as a what?
A. drunk and sodomite.
B. healer and prophet.
C. teacher and agnostic.
D. genius and leader.
5. European royalty - including Tsarevich (Prince) Alexei had many cases of hemophilia, especially those related to this royal:
A. French Queen Mary Tudor
B. French Queen Marie Antoinette
C. British King George V
D. British Queen Victoria
6. Rasputin was able to help Alexei; how do modern doctors think Rasputin was able to mitigate his hemophelia?
A. Hypnosis and stress reduction.
B. Ancient medicines and coagulents Rasputin learned in the Orient.
C. Rasputin drugged the boy, so he could not move.
D. Modern doctors do NOT think Rasputin helped OR hindered.
7. Rasputin expressed an interest in going to the WWI front to bless the troops early in the war. What was the Commander-in-Chief, Grand Duke Nicholas' reaction to this?
A. give Rasputin wealth and power.
B. offered the command of a battalion.
C. promised to hang him if he dared to show up there
D. bow his head in prayer with Rasputin.
8. Rasputin was attacked suddenly by Khionia Guseva, a former prostitute and the disciple of a monk that despised Rasputin. What did she exclaim when she stabbed Rasputin?
A. Sic Semper Tyrannis!
B. Die, Mad Monk.
C. Blessed are the meek, if they have a knife!
D. I have killed the antichrist!
9. How did Russian noblemen assassinate Rasputin?
A. poisoned him.
B. shot him.
C. clubbed him
D. all of the above
10. Three days after Rasputin was killed, his body was found. What was the cause of death?
A. Gunshot wounds.
C. Blunt trauma - clubbing.
Conditions of Use