for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Michelangelo - Artistic Genius
A quiz about the man who has been called the pivotal artist of the Renaissance period. All about the personal life, career and works of Michelangelo.
October 28, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which century was Michelangelo born?
2. Which famous Florentine became Michelangelo's patron?
A. Lucretia Borgia
B. Lorenzo de Medici
C. Cesare Borgia
D. Leonardo da Vinci
3. While muilti-talented, in what role did Michelangelo primarily see himself?
4. As a young man, Michelangelo engaged in a fight with the sculptor Torrigiano, leaving Michelangelo with what permanent disfigurement?
B. facial twitch
C. missing eye
D. broken nose
5. Which of these famous sculptures was not created by Michelangelo?
B. Venus de Milo
6. How many times was Michelangelo married?
7. What other talent did Michelangelo possess?
8. Michalengelo's astonishing artistic triumph is on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Part of the work shows God creating Adam and cradling which Biblical figure in His left arm?
9. For which famous Italian building was Michelangelo the chief architect?
A. Leaning Tower of Pisa
B. St. Peter's Basilica
C. Belltower of Florence
D. Ponte Vecchio in Florence
10. What was Michelangelo's opinion of his ability?
A. The greatest of his era
B. Second only to Leonardo da Vinci
C. A failure
D. A jack of all trades
Pine River Consulting 2022