for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Great Opening Lines of Literature!
Some great opening lines from books.
September 30, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: sherlockholmesonline.org)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. "You don't know about me without you have read a book called 'The Adventures of Tom Sawyer,' but that ain't no matter."
A. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
B. Moby Dick
C. Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
D. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
2. "Who is John Galt?"
A. The Fountainhead
B. American Psycho
D. Atlas Shrugged
3. "This is a tale of a meeting of two lonesome, skinny, fairly old white men on a planet which was dying fast."
C. Cat's Cradle
D. Breakfast of Champions
4. "It was love at first sight. The first time Yossarian saw the chaplain he fell madly in love with him."
B. The Brothers Karamazov
C. The Idiot
5. "That's good thinking there, Cool Breeze."
A. On the Road
B. The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test
C. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
D. Brave New World
6. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."
A. The US Constitution
B. The Declaration of Independence
7. "To the red country and part of the gray country of Oklahoma, the last rains came gently, and they did not cut the scarred earth."
A. Grapes of Wrath
B. The Winter of Our Discontent
C. The Moon is Down
D. In Dubious Battle
8. "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun."
A. To Sail Beyond the Sunset
B. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
C. So Long, and Thanks for all Fish
D. Double Star
9. "Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary..."
A. Why Not the Best? The Jimmy Carter Presidency
B. The Bourne Idenity
C. Brave New World
D. The Raven
10. "When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow. "
A. Stranger in a Strange Land
B. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
C. To Kill a Mockingbird
D. The Stand
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by