for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Hunter S Thompson: Gonzo Reporter
Quiz about the life and career of the original Gonzo journalist, Hunter S. Thompson!
August 30, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Hunter S Thompson
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Hunter S. Thompson photo credit to MDCarchives)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Gonzo journalism is a style of reporting where reporters do what?
A. involve themselves in the action.
B. abuse drugs and alcohol to the nth degree.
C. use firearms and guns irresponsibly.
D. all of the above.
2. Thompson is well known for his lifelong use of:
C. mescaline and cocaine
D. all of the above
3. In his youth in Louisville, Thompson was served 30 days in jail for what?
A. Accessory to robbery.
B. Crimes against nature.
C. Barratry and ambulance chasing.
D. Epic drug abuse.
4. What did Thompson do upon his release from Kentucky's Jefferson County Jail?
A. joined the Airforce
B. joined the Army
C. got a tattoo, and married his step-sister.
D. committed arson on the jail.
5. How did Thomspson fare working for the NY Times?
A. He stagnated under close supervision.
B. He was fired for insubordination.
C. He received a Pulizter Prize in Journalism.
D. He worked his way up to editor.
6. Thompson worked as a reporter for The Middletown Daily Record in Middletown, New York after leaving the NY Times. How did that end?
A. He was again promoted to Senior Editor.
B. Fired for damaging a candy machine and insulting an advertiser.
C. He was committed to an asylum.
D. He left to return to Louisville to care for his mother.
7. In 1960, Thompson hitchhiked to Big Sur, California. What employment did he take when he arrived?
A. Security guard and caretaker at the Big Sur hot springs.
B. Cabana boy at the local brothel.
C. Bouncer in a gay bar.
D. Advertisement Executive for an asylum.
8. Thomspon, in 1964, visited Ketchum, Idaho, in order to investigate the reasons for the suicide of what famous author?
A. F.Scott Fitzgerald
B. Allen Ginsberg
C. Kurt Vonnegut
D. Ernest Hemingway
9. In 1965, Carey McWilliams, editor of The Nation, offered Thompson the opportunity to write a story based on his experience with what famous San Francisco club?
A. Kesey's Pranksters
B. Haight - Ashbury dopers
C. Hell's Angels
D. Jack London Fan Club
10. What politician was Thompson's life-long nemisis?
C. Richard Nixon
D. Jimmy Carter
Pine River Consulting 2022