for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Oliver Cromwell
The story of the man who defeated an English king and had him beheaded. Great questions about the life and career of Oliver Cromwell.
July 05, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Oliver Cromwell)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Oliver Cromwell was an admitted godless soul until his spiritual conversion at what age?
2. What main profession did Oliver Cromwell pursue before the English Civil War?
3. Oliver Cromwell suffered badly from boils and carbuncles caused by what?
B. Allergy to sulphur or sulfur
C. Blood disorder
D. Poor dietary habits which saw him eat mainly bread and beef
4. Oliver Cromwell belonged to which religious sect?
5. Which King of England did Cromwell defeat in the English Civil War?
A. William IV
B. Henry V
C. Richard III
D. Charles I
6. Following the execution of the King, the parliament bestowed what title on Oliver Cromwell?
A. England's Lord
B. Prime Minister
C. Lord Protector
D. Head of England
7. Which two nations were defeated by English forces during Oliver Cromwell's rule?
A. Spain and France
B. Ireland and Wales
C. Scotland and Wales
D. Ireland and Scotland
8. During Cromwell's reign, he was part of a group that attempted to suppress which celebration?
A. New Year's Day
9. Oliver Crowmell famously insisted which bodily flaw was included in his official portrait?
C. hare lip
10. Following his death in 1658, Cromwell's body was exhumed in 1661 for what fate?
A. His body was hung in chains and then beheaded
C. Dismemberment by souvenir hunters
D. Port mortem to allay fears he had been poisoned
Conditions of Use