for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Juan Ponce de LeÃ³n: European Explorer
What do you know about European explorer Juan Ponce de LeÃ³n?
April 29, 2011
European Age of Discovery
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Juan Ponce de LeÃ³n
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Juan Ponce de LeÃ³n)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Juan Ponce de LeÃ³n is credited with discovering what U.S. state?
2. Ponce de LeÃ³n was a shipmate of what famous European explorer?
A. Vasco da Gama
B. Vasco NÃºÃ±ez de Balboa
C. Christopher Columbus
D. Ferdinand Magellan
3. In 1493, Ponce de LeÃ³n set out to search for the Fountain of Youth, fountain that was said to produce a liquid that when drunk would allow a person to never grow old. On what Bahamian island was the fountain rumored to be?
B. Great Exuma
4. While searching for the Fountain of Youth, Ponce de LeÃ³n accidentally landed in what is now Florida. Near what present-day city did he land?
A. Boca Raton
B. Vero Beach
C. Port St. Lucie
D. St. Augustine
5. Ponce de LeÃ³n was appointed by the Spanish Crown as the first Governor of what present-day island country?
C. Puerto Rico
6. What natural oceanic phenomenon is Ponce de LeÃ³n often credited with discovering?
A. Gulf Stream
D. Florida Current
7. Ponce de LeÃ³n is credited with conquering an island which was once a very important Spanish colony. What island?
B. Puerto Rico
D. Cayman Islands
8. Juan Ponce de LeÃ³n established the oldest European settlement in Puerto Rico. Hint: the city was later moved to present-day San Juan.
9. Ponce de LeÃ³n died in 1521. How?
A. killed in a battle with Native Americans
B. typhoid fever
C. Black Death
D. sailing accident
10. Ponce de LeÃ³n is buried in a tomb inside a Catholic Cathedral in what North American city?
A. San Juan
D. Santo Domingo
Pine River Consulting 2022