for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John Wilkes Booth: Lincoln's Assassin
What do you know about the personal life of John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln's assassin?
April 16, 2011
American Civil War
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
John W Booth
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: John Wilkes Booth Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what U.S. state was John Wilkes Booth born and raised?
C. North Carolina
D. South Carolina
2. What was John Wilkes Booth's occupation?
C. police officer
3. John Wilkes Booth strongly opposed the abolition of slavery in the United States. What was the "tipping point" for Booth that made him plan the assassination?
A. the burning of homes by Union soldier's in his home town
B. Lee's surrender at Appomattox Court House
C. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation
D. Lincoln's proposal to extend voting rights to recently emancipated slaves
4. In October 1864, Booth made an unexplained trip to a Canadian city that was a well-known center of clandestine Confederate activity. What city?
A. Quebec City
5. What had John Wilkes Booth originally planned to do in an act of southern defiance before he assassinated Abraham Lincoln?
A. burn the capitol building
B. assassinate Gen. U.S. Grant
C. burn the White House
D. kidnap Lincoln
6. John Wilkes Booth shot Abraham Lincoln with what type of gun?
B. Colt 45
C. Smith and Wesson revolver
D. Enfield revolver
7. Following his murderous act of killing Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth leapt from the box to the stage, injuring himself. Which body part was injured?
8. What was the last name of the family that owned the farm at which John Wilkes Booth was shot and David Herold surrendered after assassinating Abraham Lincoln?
9. John Wilkes Boothe was shot and killed by Union forces on April 26, 1865. In what part of his body was Booth shot?
10. Tough question! After Booth's death, Union soldiers found a photo of his secret fiancée in his shirt pocket. Who was she?
A. Elizabeth Surratt
B. Lucy Hale
C. Martha Johnson
D. Mary Johnson
Conditions of Use