for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mythical Monsters
They have provided movie makers and writers with almost endless copy - the monsters from the mythical age.
April 11, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Dragon)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who were the three snake-haired women whose stare could turn people to stone?
2. Which group of ladies could lure sailors to their doom with their enchanting songs?
D. Lotus eaters
3. Which monster's name literally means "strangler"? It had the wings of a bird, the face of a woman and body of a lion.
4. Which monster was a nine-headed water snake that was eventually slain by Heracles?
5. Who were the three sisters of the Gorgons who had to share one eye and one tooth?
6. What was the name of the three-headed dog which guarded the gates of Hades?
7. Which creature had the upper body of a nymph, the lower body of a serpent and was the mother of several other monsters?
8. Which creature was a lion-like, fire-breathing animal with a goat's head on its back and a serpent for a tail?
9. Which creatures were part man, part goat, with a horse's tail? They were addicted to wine, revelry and in a permanent state of sexual arousal.
10. Which creature was part-man, part bull that lived in a labyrinth on Crete and fed on children?
Conditions of Use