for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Pope John Paul II the Great
Here is a tribute quiz to the greatest pope of the modern era, Pope John Paul II.
May 15, 2006
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
John Paul II
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Pope John Paul II the Great @ The Vatican)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following was the signature phrase of John Paul during his entire 26-year reign?
A. love the sinner
B. be not afraid
C. suffer the little children
D. redeem the time
2. What did the Pope write in his younger years?
C. short stories
D. hymns in Latin
3. What was the Pope's favorite icon?
A. an ivory rosary
B. a St. Christopher medallion
C. his crucifix crosier
D. his embroidered scapular
4. How many countries did John Paul visit?
A. Fewer than 50
D. more than 150
5. The Pope's 1981 message to his would-be-assassin, Mehmet Ali Agca, was:
A. "I leave it to God to judge this man."
B. "The man who shot me is my friend."
C. "I pardon him and all other would-be-assassins."
D. "I pray for that brother of ours who shot me."
6. What did the pope decry in his 1995 encyclical Evangelium Vitae?
A. The Encyclical on the value and inviolability of human life.
B. The price of Communion hosts.
C. A decry to allow more religious freedom in the Communist regime of China.
D. The misuse of Catholic funds
7. What was the one country that the pope could not visit?
A. New Zealand
C. Ivory Coast
8. How many saints did John Paul II canonize in the first 25 years of his pontificate?
9. Which job did John Paul II not have before his papacy?
C. university chaplain
10. How many popes preceded John Paul II in office?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by