for extra features!
PeopleQuiz is people trivia! Pick your favorite category and play our
Ten-Question Trivia Quizzes,
Browse our site and learn more about people trivia!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Vasco da Gama: European Explorer
Vasco da Gama was an amazing explorer but he was pretty ruthless, knocking off anyone who got in his way. Test your Vasco da Gama facts!
January 18, 2011
European Age of Discovery
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Vasco da Gama
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Vasco da Gama @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Of what nationality was Vasco da Gama?
2. The port city of Vasco da Gama is named after da Gama. In what country is it located?
A. South Africa
C. Sri Lanka
3. In what century did da Gama make his first voyage from Lisbon to the Indian sub-continent?
A. 14th century
B. 15th century
C. 16th century
D. 17th century
4. Where did da Gama land on the Indian sub-continent during his first voyage?
A. Calicut, India (Kozhikode)
B. Columbo, Sri Lanka
C. Ernakulam, India
D. Trivandrum, India
5. What island or island group was discovered by Vasco da Gama and ultimately named after him?
A. Glorioso Islands
B. Alphonse Group
C. Amirante Islands
D. Mafia Island
6. Vasco Da Gama was the first to document evidence of this type of animal in Africa. Which animal was it?
A. Black Rhinoceros
C. Drakensberger Cattle
7. During his first trip, da Gama's ships crossed the Indian Ocean in just 23 days. How long did it take them on the return trip?
A. 58 days
B. 98 days
C. 132 days
D. 158 days
8. What was Vasco da Gama's primary mission?
A. explore Madagascar
B. explore the southern coast of Africa
C. seize French ships used for French raids against Portuguese ships
D. find a sea route to the East Indies
9. In 1524, King John III sent da Gama to India to become the Portuguese "governor" of India. What was his title?
10. Where is the Monument to the Cross of Vasco da Gama located?
A. Cape of Good Hope, South Africa
B. Lisbon, Portugal
C. Calcutta, India
D. Antananarivo, Madagascar
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by