for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Arthur Fadden: 13th Australian Prime Minister
He went from cane cutter to Prime Minister - and was known to all as "Artie".
December 18, 2010
Australian Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Arthur W Fadden
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Arthur Fadden)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Arthur Fadden was born in April, 1895 in which Australian state?
A. New South Wales
C. Western Australia
2. In 1939 Fadden withdrew from the parliamentary wing of the Country Party following its leader's verbal attack on Robert Menzies. Who was this leader?
A. Earle Page
B. John McEwan
C. Archie Cameron
D. Ted Theodore
3. In 1940, Fadden narrowly escaped death when he declined a trip which killed three United Australia Party ministers. What mode of transport was offered?
4. Following the federal election of 1940, Fadden became Country Party leader in October when....
A. no other candidates nominated
B. two of the three candidates tied for the position
C. he was appointed on a show of hands
D. Robert Menzies announced on radio his preference for Fadden
5. Fadden became Prime Minister when Menzies lost a vote of confidence brought by members of the United Australia Party. What was unique about this situation?
A. The vote was tied and Menzies voted himself out of office
B. It was the first time a Prime Minister had been thrown out by his party
C. Menzies was in London when the vote was taken
D. It was the first time the leader of the junior coalition party became Prime Minister
6. How many years elapsed between Fadden's entry into federal parliament and his election as Prime Minister?
7. Fadden's term as Prime Minister lasted 40 days when two independents withdrew their support. Fadden's sense of humour didn't dessert him when he referred to himself as....
A. Jesus - because he spent 40 days in the wilderness
B. Noah - as he survived for 40 days and nights
C. The Flood - as he reigned for 40 days and nights
D. The Ark - as he weathered mighty storms over the previous 40 days
8. To date, Fadden led the Country Party (now National Party) longer than any other leader. For how many years did he occupy this position?
9. Fadden was Treasurer in Menzies' first and part of his second term in office. How many budgets did he bring down?
10. As Treasurer, which national institution did Fadden establish?
A. Royal Australian Mint
B. Australian Loan Council
C. Commonwealth Bank
D. Reserve Bank
Pine River Consulting 2022