for extra features!
PeopleQuiz is people trivia! Pick your favorite category and play our
Ten-Question Trivia Quizzes,
Browse our site and learn more about people trivia!
Trivia Quiz - Labor Day in America!
Try your luck on this trivia quiz about the history and facts of Labor Day in America!
August 31, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Labor Day Parade, Union Square, New York, 1882)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Labor Day is a United States federal holiday that is observed annually on what day?
A. first Monday in September
B. second Monday in September
C. third Monday in September
D. fourth Monday in September
2. Each Labor Day weekend, a telethon is held whose purpose it is to raise money in the fight against Muscular Dystrophy. What celebrity comedian started the MDA Telethon in 1966?
A. Dean Martin
B. Ed McMahon
C. Johnny Carson
D. Jerry Lewis
3. What day traditionally marks the beginning of the college football season in America?
A. Thursday before Labor Day
B. Friday before Labor Day
C. Saturday before Labor Day
D. Sunday before Labor Day
4. What U.S. President signed the annual Labor Day into law as a federal holiday in 1894?
A. Grover Cleveland
B. Chester A. Arthur
C. Benjamin Harrison
D. William McKinley
5. What U.S. speedway is host to a NASCAR Sprint Cup race every Labor Day weekend?
A. Columbia Speedway
B. Indianapolis Motor Speedway
C. Atlanta Motor Speedway
D. Nashville Superspeedway
6. In 1882, Labor Day was first celebrated by the Knights of Labor and the Central Labor Union in what American city?
D. New York City
7. In 1887, what state became the first in the nation to make Labor Day a legal holiday?
8. What day traditionally marks the beginning of the professional football season in America?
A. Thursday after Labor Day
B. Friday after Labor Day
C. Saturday after Labor Day
D. Sunday after Labor Day
9. Every Labor Day, pedestrians get a chance to walk across a famous U.S. suspension bridge that is normally closed to foot traffic. What bridge is it?
A. San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge
B. Golden Gate Bridge
C. Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
D. Mackinac Bridge
10. Even though it doesn't match with what the calendar says, Labor Day is traditionally regarded as the symbolic end to what season?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by