for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Jane Austen: English Author
Renowned as one of the greatest English authors of all time, Jane Austen's books are still as popular today as when published. Many new books & films are based on the plots of her stories & her words are often quoted in everyday life.
July 14, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia contributors (2005). Jane Austen. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Jane Austen was born in a country parish to the Reverend George & his wife Cassandra. Which county was this?
D. South Hampton
2. How many siblings did Jane have?
3. During Jane's life, she was called a "prig" & a "poker of whom everyone is afraid". What was the cause of her disposition?
C. dislike of people
4. What was the date of Jane's birth?
A. 16th December, 1875
B. 18th July, 1817
C. 1st April, 1775
D. 16th December, 1775
5. When Jane was growing up. her household was noted as:
A. noisy, never a quiet moment
B. always decorous
C. children seen & not heard
D. quiet & reserved
6. Jane had a warning device so she could hide her manuscripts when anyone approached. What was it?
A. squeaky floorboard
B. creaky door
C. bell at the door
D. sign on the door to knock before entering
7. Of the eight children reared by Jane's parents, how many grew up in their household?
8. How old was Jane when she first when to school in Oxford?
9. Jane died of which disease?
B. cow pox
10. On what date did Jane pass away?
A. 16th December, 1775
B. 18th July, 1885
C. 16th December, 1875
D. 18th July, 1817
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by