for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Agatha Christie's Ariadne Oliver
Ariadne Oliver, a writer of detective novels, is a character that Christie created as a tongue-in-cheek parody of herself. Mrs. Oliver appeared in just a few of Christie's novels, and even seasoned Christie readers may feel challenged by this quiz.
July 02, 2010
Agatha Christie's Works
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Ariadne Oliver @ austenprose)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following statements were true of both Agatha Christie and Ariadne Oliver?
A. Both writers were fat
B. Both writers created fictional sleuths who were eccentric foreigners
C. Both women loved apples above all other foods
D. All of the above
2. The wall paper in Mrs. Oliver's sitting room, in the earliest stories, was:
A. a pattern of apples ripening in an orchard
B. a pattern of cherries ripening in an orchard
C. a pattern of colorful birds surrounded by tropical foliage
D. a pattern of pink roses against a pale blue background
3. In a late Christie novel Mrs. Oliver redecorates her sitting room, replacing the old wall paper with:
A. a pattern of tropical fish swimming in pale green water
B. a pattern of apples ripening in an orchard
C. a pattern of pink roses against a pale blue background
D. A pattern of cherries ripening in an orchard
4. Mrs. Oliver is most often associated with which other Christie sleuth(s)?
A. Hercule Poirot
B. Tommy and Tuppence Beresford
C. Miss Jane Marple
D. None of these
5. In which Christie detective novel(s) did Mrs. Oliver appear alone, with no other regular Christie sleuth working with her?
A. The Moving Finger
B. Murder After Hours
C. The Pale Horse
D. Hallowe'en Party
6. The last Christie novel in which Mrs. Oliver appeared was:
A. By the Pricking of My Thumbs (1968)
B. Passenger to Frankfurt (1970)
C. Elephants Can Remember (1972)
D. Postern of Fate (1976)
7. The first Christie novel in which Mrs. Oliver appeared was:
A. The ABC Murders (1935)
B. Cards on the Table (1936)
C. Appointment with Death (1938)
D. Easy to Kill (1939)
8. In which of the following novels did Mrs.Oliver lose her taste for apples and substitute dates for snacking?
A. Dead Man's Folly (1956)
B. The Pale Horse (1960)
C. Halloween Party (1968)
D. Elephants Can Remember (1972)
9. According to Mrs. Oliver, the most important thing to her readers was:
A. one clue that eliminated all of the suspects except one
B. several clues that misled the reader except the one clue that pointed out the true criminal
C. a lot of dead bodies
D. the least-likely suspect should always be the killer
10. Mrs. Oliver once cheerfully admitted that:
A. all of her books were the same except for the names of the characters
B. all of her books were the same except for the geographical settings
C. all of her books were the same except for the murder weapon
D. all of the books were the same except for the murder motive
Pine River Consulting 2022