for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Importance of Being Earnest: Funny British Movie!
A delightful English "tongue in cheek" dry humour.
May 06, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Importance of Being Earnest)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In "The Importance of Being Earnest", why is it so important to be Ernest?
A. Gain respect
B. All the ladies love the name
C. Increases social standing
D. Only applies to the richest
2. In "The Importance of Being Earnest", what is "Bunburying"?
A. a bun fight
B. searching for girls
C. an excuse for an alias
D. an alibi for a crime
3. Who is Ernest in love with in In "The Importance of Being Earnest"?
A. Cecily Cardew
B. Lady Bracknell
C. Miss Prism
D. Gwendolyn Fairfax
4. In "The Importance of Being Earnest", who is Cecily Cardew?
A. Algernon's sister
B. Ernest's sister
C. Lady Bracknell's daughter
D. Ernest's ward
5. What is Ernest's name in the country in "The Importance of Being Earnest"?
A. Jack Worthing
B. Earnest Worthing
C. Algernon Moncrieffe
D. Lord Bracknell
6. In In "The Importance of Being Earnest", who is Algernon Moncrieffe?
A. Ernest's brother
B. Lady Bracknell's nephew
C. Gwendolyn Fairfax's cousin
D. All of the above
7. In "The Importance of Being Earnest", Where does Mr Cardew find Ernest?
A. in a handbag
B. in a prambulator
C. on an omnibus
D. at Lady Bracknell's house
8. How did Ernest/Jack come to be in that predicament in "The Importance of Being Earnest"?
A. dumped by parents
B. mistaken for a manuscript of a 3 volume novel
C. forgotten by nanny
D. left behind by sister
9. What happened to poor Lady Harbray when her husband died in "The Importance of Being Earnest"?
A. her hair turned gold from the shock of it
B. she looked quite 20 years younger
C. she was living entirely for pleasure now
D. all of the above
10. In "The Importance of Being Earnest", what do "women call each other after they have called each other a lot of other things first"?
Pine River Consulting 2022