for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The 1980s: Name The Year
You name the year these events occurred during the 1980s. We've got great 80s trivia here!
January 11, 2010
What Year Did It Happen?
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: pullbot.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Indira Gandhi assassinated. Richard Burton dies. Space shuttle "Discovery" makes its maiden flight.
2. Lockerbie plane disaster. Australia celebrates its bicentennial. Benazir Bhutto wins election in Pakistan.
3. Tiananmen Square uprising. George H W Bush sworn in as US president. The year a fatwah was issued against Salman Rushdie for writing "The Satanic Verses."
4. "Herald of Free Enterprise" sinks in the English Channel. "Black Monday" Wall St crash. Terry Waite kidnapped.
5. Soviets invade Afghanistan. John Lennon killed. Solidarity union movement begins in Poland.
6. South Korean airliner shot down by Soviets over USSR. Sally Ride first US woman in space. David Niven dies.
7. Falklands war between Argentina and UK. First artificial heart implant. Prince William born.
8. Pope John Paul II shot. Anwar Sadat assassinated. John McEnroe wins Wimbledon.
9. Chernobyl nuclear disaster. Cory Aquino wins Philippine election. Reagan and Gorbachev meet in Iceland.
10. Live Aid for Africa. Greenpeace's "Rainbow Warrior" sunk by French agents in New Zealand harbour. Wreck of "Titanic" found.
Pine River Consulting 2022