for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Jefferson Davis: Confederate President
What do you know about the life and times of Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America.
November 09, 2009
American Civil War
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Jefferson Davis served as a U.S. Senator from what state?
B. South Carolina
2. Jefferson Davis served as a member of the cabinet of President Franklin Pierce. For what department did he serve as secretary?
A. Secretary of State
B. Secretary of War
C. Secretary of the Treasury
D. Secretary of the Navy
3. Jefferson Davis' married his first wife, Sarah, in 1835. Sarah was the daughter of what eventual U.S. president?
A. James Buchanan
B. Millard Fillmore
C. Zachary Taylor
D. Franklin Pierce
4. One of Davis' first resolutions as C.S.A. President was to resolve the Confederacy's differences with the Union. How did he propose to do this?
A. employ the services of France as a mediator between the two countries
B. meet with U.S. President Abraham Lincoln face to face
C. appoint a peace commission to go to Washington D.C.
D. obtain a declaration of war from the C.S.A. Congress
5. President Davis declined General Robert E. Lee's offer of resignation following Lee's defeat in what battle?
B. Second Battle of Fredericksburg
C. Battle of Springfield II
D. Battle of Antietam
6. President Davis met with his cabinet for the last time in May, 1865 at which time they officially dissolved the C.S.A. In which state did this take place?
7. Which of the following prominent citizens did NOT contribute to the bail money raised to release Jefferson Davis from prison in 1867?
A. Cornelius Vanderbilt
B. Horatio Seymour
C. Gerrit Smith
D. Horace Greeley
8. In 1876, Jefferson Davis turned down the opportunity to become the first president of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. What is the name of this university today?
A. North Texas University
B. Texas State University
C. Texas A&M University
D. Texas Tech University
9. Davis' book, "A Short History of the Confederate States of America," is a condensed version of Davis' magnum opus called what?
A. A Short-Lived Presidency
B. The Real Story of the Confederacy
C. The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government
D. The History of the Confederate Government
10. In what Mississippi town will you find The Jefferson Davis Presidential Library?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by