for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Warren G. Harding: 29th U.S. President
What do you know about the 29th president of the U.S., Warren G. Harding?
October 14, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Warren G Harding
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Warren G. Harding was a successful businessman in the newspaper industry. What Ohio newspaper did he own from the 1880's until 1923?
A. Mansfield News Journal
B. The Cincinnati Enquirer
C. The Cleveland Plain Dealer
D. The Marion Daily Star
2. In 1891, Harding married Florence Kling DeWolfe. How was Harding acquanited with his wife's father prior to marrying her?
A. he was one of his college professors
B. he was Harding's nemesis in the newspaper industry
C. he was the pastor at his church
D. he was his college basketball coach
3. Which of the following positions did Warren Harding NOT hold before serving as president?
A. Ohio State Senator
B. Ohio Lieutenant Governor
C. Ohio Governor
D. U.S. Senator from Ohio
4. What democratic candidate did Warren G. Harding defeat in the 1920 U.S. Presidential election?
A. Assistant Secretary of the Navy Franklin D. Roosevelt
B. Ohio Governor James M. Cox
C. New York Governor Al Smith
D. New Jersey Governor Edward I. Edwards
5. Warren Harding ran for president on a slogan that called for an end to the abnormal era of the war. What was his slogan?
A. Ordinary Times, Extraordinary People
B. Our Time for Normality
C. Back to Basics
D. Return to Normalcy
6. President Harding headed a cabinet of notable men. Which of the following men was NOT one of them?
A. Charles Evans Hughes
B. Andrew Mellon
C. Herbert Hoover
D. Franklin D. Roosevelt
7. The Teapot Dome Affair shook the Harding administration. It involved the illegal affairs of cabinet member Albert B. Fall. What position did he hold in the Harding cabinet?
A. Secretary of the Interior
B. Secretary of State
C. Secretary of Agriculture
D. Secretary of Commerce
8. Which of the following was NOT a "presidential first" for President Warren G. Harding?
A. first sitting president to attend a World Series game
B. first president to die before his father
C. first president to take an active role in federal expenditures
D. first president to take questions and enter them into a pool to be answered at a press conference
9. Which of the following events did NOT take place during the presidency of Warren G. Harding?
A. formation of the Soviet Union
B. Indian Citizenship Act
C. Matewan Massacre in West Virginia
D. treaty to idemnify Colombia for its loss of Panama
10. President Harding appointed a former U.S. president to Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the U.S. in 1921. Who was he?
A. Theodore Roosevelt
B. Woodrow Wilson
C. William Howard Taft
D. Grover Cleveland
Pine River Consulting 2022