for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - William Howard Taft: 27th U.S. President
What do you know about the 27th U.S. President, William Howard Taft?
October 06, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
William H Taft
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: William H Taft @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In 1878, Taft graduated from Yale, ranking second in his class out of 121. He then went on to earn his Bachelor of Laws degree from what academic institution?
A. Cincinnati Law School
B. Miami University (Ohio)
C. Ohio State University
D. Cleveland State University
2. President McKinley appointed William Taft to a position in which he served from 1901 to 1903. What was it?
A. Governor of Cuba
B. Governor-General of the Philippines
C. Secretary of Agriculture
D. Ambassador to England
3. Which of the following positions did William Howard Taft NOT hold under President Theodore Roosevelt during the decade of the 1900s?
A. Secretary of War
B. Governor of Cuba
C. Secretary of State
D. Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
4. What democratic canddidate did William Howard Taft defeat in the 1908 U.S. presidential election?
A. Woodrow Wilson
B. John Albert Johnson
C. George Gray
D. William Jennings Bryan
5. Which of the following did NOT take place during President Taft's administration?
A. strengthened the Interstate Commerce Commission
B. established a postal savings bank
C. Panama Canal opened
D. established a parcel post system
6. President Taft actively pursued the economic development of the less-developed nations of Latin America and Asia through American investment in their infrastructures. What was this policy called?
A. Dollar Diplomacy
B. Third World Empowerment
C. American Investment Act
D. World Investment Act
7. Throughout the early part of his presidency, President Taft had difficulties with Nicaragua. Why?
A. drug trafficing
B. the U.S. favored a canal through Panama, not Nicaragua
C. Nicarauan dictatorship in office would not provide food for their own people
D. Nicaraguan military invaded several other Central American countries
8. One of Taft's main goals while President was to:
A. get Arizona and New Mexico admitted to the union
B. expand the borders of the U.S through imperialism
C. further the idea of world peace
D. annex the Republic of Hawaii
9. After his presidency, in 1929, Taft successfully argued for the construction of what building?
A. Treasury Building
B. Jefferson Memorial
C. Lincoln Memorial
D. United States Supreme Court building
10. What public service office did President Taft hold after his presidency (from 1921 to 1930)?
A. Governor of Ohio
B. Representative from Ohio
C. Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
D. Senator from Ohio
Conditions of Use