for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Benjamin Harrison: 23rd U.S. President
What do you know about the grandson of 9th U.S. president William Henry Harrison and 23rd U.S. President, Benjamin Harrison?
October 03, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. From what university did Benjamin Harrison graduate in 1852?
A. Ball State University
B. Valparaiso University
C. Indiana State University
D. Miami University (Ohio)
2. What was the highest military rank that Benjamin Harrison achieved during the Civil War?
B. Brigadier General
3. What democratic candidate did Benjamin Harrsion defeat in the 1888 presidential election?
A. Isaac P. Gray
B. Allen G. Thurman
C. Thomas Hendricks
D. President Grover Cleveland
4. Which of the following acts was NOT voted into law during President Harrison's administration?
A. Sherman Silver Purchase Act
B. Sherman Antitrust Act
C. Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act
D. Dependent and Disability Pension Act
5. In 1891, legislation was passed that raised tariff rates for imports into the United States. President Harrison supported it. What was is called?
A. McKinley Tariff
B. Harrison Tariff
C. Aldrich Tariff
D. Blain Tariff
6. Which of the following was NOT a presidential first for President Harrison?
A. first president from Indiana
B. first president to have his voice recorded
C. first president to be married while in office
D. first president to live in the White House after it was wired with electricity
7. President Harrison faced an international crisis early in his administration when the U.S. had a conflict with Canada over fishing rights. In what fishing area was the dispute?
A. Maine-Nova Scotia
B. Great Lakes
D. Washington State-British Columbia
8. There were six states admitted to the union during President Harrison's administration. Which of the following states was NOT one of them?
9. Why did President Harrison choose to not actively campaign when he ran for reelection in 1892?
A. His campaign did not raise enough money
B. He remained with his wife Caroline, who was gravely ill
C. He had frequent cases of laryngitis, and could not give speeches
D. He was too busy with his senatorial duties
10. In 1900, former President Harrison served as an attorney for a South American country that was in a boundary dispute against the United Kingdom. What country did he represent?
Conditions of Use