for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Zachary Taylor: 12th U.S. President
What do you know about the 12th U.S. President, Zachary Taylor?
April 09, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Zachary Taylor @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Zachary Taylor was born in 1784 in what state?
A. South Carolina
2. Taylor was well known as a career military man. What was the highest rank that he acheived in the U.S. military?
B. Lieutenant Colonel
C. Major General
3. Taylor was uninterested in politics but was recruited as a nominee for president in the 1848 presidential election. What party recruited him?
B. Free Soil
4. Upon being elected in 1848, Taylor became the first U.S. President to do what?
A. he was the first bachelor president
B. he was the first president to be photographed
C. he was the first president born after the adoption of the U.S. Constitution
D. he was the first president never to have held any previous elected office
5. Who was Zachary Taylor's vice presidential running mate in the election of 1848?
A. Martin Van Buren
B. Millard Fillmore
C. Franklin Pierce
D. James K. Polk
6. What democratic candidate did Taylor defeat in the election of 1848?
A. Henry Clay
B. Martin Van Buren
C. Lewis Cass
D. William Butler
7. In what was probably Taylor's most important foreign policy move, he negotiated a treaty with Britain stating that neither country would claim control of any canal that might be built in Nicaragua. What was the treaty called?
A. Clayton-Bulwer Treaty
B. Compromise of 1850
C. Hay-Herran Treaty
D. Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
8. Although this department was created during the Polk presidency, President Taylor appointed the first cabinet secretary to lead it. What was this new department?
A. Department of Labor
B. Department of Commerce
C. Department of Agriculture
D. Department of the Interior
9. In 1850, President Taylor assisted the United Kingdom's search for a team of British explorers who had gotten lost where?
A. in New Guinea
B. in Antarctica
C. in the Himalayan Mountains
D. in the Arctic
10. What was Zachary Taylor's nickname?
A. Old Tippecanoe
B. Young Hickory
C. His Accidency
D. Old Rough and Ready
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by