for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Geographic Names Shared With Famous People
Geographical locations named after or sharing their name with famous people. Good luck on this trivia quiz!
March 27, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Greenwich Mean Time)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which US state's capital was named after its country's 7th President?
2. Which Australian state or territory's capital city was named after the author of "The Origin of the Species".
A. Northern Territory
C. Western Australia
D. South Australia
3. Which towns in Illinois, Michigan, Texas and a group of islands share their name with the U S Chief of Staff during World War II?
4. Which US state's capital was named in honor of its nation's 16th President?
A. North Carolina
B. New Mexico
C. North Dakota
5. Which nation's capital city shares its name with the hero of Waterloo?
A. New Zealand
B. South Africa
6. Which US state's capital was named after the unifier of the modern German state?
B. North Dakota
7. Which Australian state was named after its European discoverer who also was the first white man to sight New Zealand?
8. Which Russian city was formerly named in honour of Joseph Stalin?
B. St Petersburg
9. Which US state's capital was named in honour of its nation's 3rd President?
10. Which Australian state was named after the longest serving British monarch?
Pine River Consulting 2022