for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - North, South, East, & West in Rock Music
Each of these questions is about a song or album of the rock era that contains one of the four directions - North, South, East, or West.
October 28, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: 8Notes)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What band recorded a song for their first album in 1969 called "South California Purples"?
A. Grand Funk Railroad
C. The Rolling Stones
2. What group recorded the 1985 hit album "Southern Accents"?
A. The Eurythmics
B. Duran Duran
C. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
3. Who recorded a number one album entitled "Rock of the Westies" in 1975?
A. Elton John
B. Billy Joel
C. Bruce Hornsby
D. Jackson Browne
4. What British group recorded the album "East Side Story" in 1981?
A. Duran Duran
D. A Flock of Seagulls
5. Who recorded a 1979 disco album entitled "Go West"?
A. The Village People
C. Donna Summer
D. Andy Gibb
6. Which member of the Monkees recorded a solo album album entitled "Magnetic South"?
A. Micky Dolenz
B. Peter Tork
C. Davy Jones
D. Michael Nesmith
7. The Beatles recorded a 1968 song for the film "Yellow Submarine" that was named for their publishing company which was called "Only a ______ Song".
8. Albert Hammond had a 1972 hit single with "It Never Rains in ______ California".
9. The title of this 1991 album by Herb Alpert includes two of the four directions. What is the title of the album?
A. "East on Western Avenue"
B. "North on South Street"
C. "South Across the Western Sky"
D. "West of the Northern Hemisphere"
10. What Midwestern rock group recorded the song "Never Been Any Reason" in 1974?
A. Go West
B. Due South
C. Head East
D. True North
Pine River Consulting 2022