for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John McCain: His Early Life
How much do you know about John McCain's early life?
February 10, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
John S McCain
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Senator John McCain Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. John McCain was born into a military family and lived in many different places as a youngster. In 1946, McCain's family finally settled down in what area?
A. northern Virginia
B. Phoenix, AZ
C. Dallas, TX
D. Los Angeles, CA
2. In what branch of the military did McCain serve?
A. Air Force
3. While serving as a military pilot, McCain experienced several mishaps which resulted in crashes. Which of the following NEVER happened?
A. 1960: Corpus Christi Bay; plane crashed after engine quit
B. 1962: Spain; plane crashed after power line collision
C. 1964: Pensacola, FL; plane lost left wing and crashed
D. 1965: Norfolk, VA; plane crashed after flame out
4. In 1965, John McCain married Carol Shepp. What was Shepp's occupation?
A. exotic dancer
5. How long did McCain spend as a prisoner of war of the North Vietnamese?
A. 2.5 years
B. 3.5 years
C. 4.5 years
D. 5.5 years
6. McCain and his second wife were married in 1980. What was her first name?
7. McCain ran for United States Senator from Arizona in 1986. This position was left vacant by the retirement of whom?
A. Jon Kyl
B. Paul Fannin
C. Dennis DeConcini
D. Barry Goldwater
8. In January 1993, McCain was named chairman of the board of directors of what?
A. Commerce Committee and the Indian Affairs Committee.
B. Senate Armed Services Committee
C. Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs
D. International Republican Institute
9. During the race for the 1996 Republican presidential nomination, McCain served as the national campaign manager for what candidate?
A. Phil Gramm
B. Bob Dole
C. Dan Quayle
D. Jack Kemp
10. McCain co-sponsored a bipartisan campaign reform act which went into effect on November 6, 2002. Who co-sponsored the act with McCain?
A. Orrin Hatch
B. Mitch McConnell
C. Russell Feingold
D. John Warner
Conditions of Use