for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Gong Show: Hilarious Game Show!
Now, who didn't love "The Gong Show?!"
June 11, 2008
TV Game Shows
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
The Gong Show
@ Archive Salon)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who created "The Gong Show?"
A. Chuck Barris
B. Bob Barker
C. David Letterman
D. Dick Martin
2. Who was the first host of "The Gong Show?"
A. Chuck Barris
B. Gary Owens
C. John Barbour
D. Wink Martindale
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the program's regular celebrity judges?
A. Arte Johnson
B. Richard Dawson
C. Rip Taylor
D. Jamie Farr
4. Originally, panelists had to wait 20 seconds before they could gong an act; this was later extended to 30. Finally, this number was extended to how many seconds?
5. The contestant who achieved the highest combined score won the grand prize of what Chuck Barris referred to as the "highly unusual amount of" what?
6. Which of the following was NOT one of the show's regular performers?
A. Gene Gene the Dancing Machine
B. Have You Got a Nickel?
C. The Unknown Comic
D. Scarlett and Rhett
7. Why was Jaye P. Morgan dropped from the show?
A. she gonged too many contestants
B. she would regularly show up drunk for the show
C. she regularly fought with Chuck Barris about the direction of the show
D. she exposed her breasts during a female contestant's performance
8. When Barris announced the final score, a dwarf in formal wear would run onstage, throwing confetti while balloons dropped from overhead. Who was this famous dward?
A. former "Wizard of Oz" Munchkin Jerry Warren
B. former "Chocolate Factory" Oompa-Loompa George Claydon
C. former "Wizard of Oz" Munchkin Gerard Marenghi
D. former "Chocolate Factory" Oompa-Loompa Marcus Powell
9. Who was the blonde hostess for "The Gong Show?" Hint: She was Swedish!
A. Vendela Kirsebom
B. Emma Wiklund
C. Siv Aberg
D. Malin Persson
10. Which of the following celebrities NEVER appeared in an act on "The Gong Show?"
A. Teri Garr
B. Tony Randall
C. Lyle Waggoner
D. Box Car Willie
Conditions of Use