for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Loch Ness Monster
Questions about the legend of The Loch Ness Monster
January 18, 2008
Science & Nature
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Loch Ness Monster @ Virginia Media)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the nickname of The Loch Ness Monster?
A. Loch Ness Tessy
D. Loch Ness Nelly
2. Where is Loch Ness Lake located?
3. The legend is said to have started with an account of Saint Columba in 565 A.D. What did Saint Columba claim to have done?
A. rescued a swimmer from a lake creature
B. rescued a fisherman from a lake creature
C. rescued a priest from a lake creature
D. seen a lake creature attack a cow on the shore
4. Most accounts of the monster's appearance seem to resemble what extinct creature?
5. What description of the monster have most of the sightings listed?
A. long neck with tiny head
B. long neck with large head
C. long neck with tiny head and flippers
D. long neck with snake-like body
6. According to one theory, what kind of fish could be mistaken for the monster?
A. Three-spined Stickleback
B. Sea Trout
7. How far back have the monster sightings occurred?
A. 500 years
B. 1000 years
C. 1500 years
D. 2000 years
8. Who allegedly took a photo of The Loch Ness Monster on April 19, 1934?
A. Marmaduke Wetherell
B. R. K. Wilson
C. D. Mackenzie
D. A. H. Palmer
9. How far back do documented descriptions of The Loch Ness Monster go?
10. Tim Dinsdale took a moving picture of the monster in 1960. He gave up his job and spent the next 20 yrs. trying to prove the monster's existence. What was his job?
C. aeronautical engineer
Conditions of Use