for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - George Washington: 1st U.S. President
This is an easy quiz about the father of our country, George Washington!
December 09, 2007
American Founding Fathers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: whitehouse.gov)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. George Washington was born in the present-day state of what?
C. New York
D. New Jersey
2. In the 1750's, Washington was a Lieutenant Colonel in the newly created Virginia Regiment and fought in what war?
A. Revolutionary War
B. Civil War
C. Spanish-American War
D. French and Indian War
3. George Washington's wife's first name was:
4. How many children did George Washington have?
5. What was Washington's plantation home called?
A. The Ponderosa
B. Mount Virginia
C. Mount McKinley
D. Mount Vernon
6. On what holiday did Washington lead American forces across the Delaware River to capture nearly 1,000 Hessians in Trenton, New Jersey?
B. New Years Day
7. General Lord Cornwallis surrendered to General Washington on October 17, 1781 to end the Revolutionary War. Where did the surrender take place?
A. New York City
8. Washington took office as the first president of the United States in 1789. Who was the first vice president of the United States, serving under Washington?
A. John Adams
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. John Hancock
D. Alexander Hamilton
9. Of what political party was George Washington a member?
D. he was not affiliated with any party
10. From left to right, where is the sculpted bust of George Washington on Mt. Rushmore?
A. far left
B. second from left
C. second from right
D. far right
Pine River Consulting 2022