for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Australian History and Geography
How much do you know about the Land Down Under, mate?! -lmcubs
May 20, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Lonely Planet)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which explorer claimed Australia for Great Britain?
A. James Cook
B. George Vancouver
C. John Cabot
D. Sir Francis Drake
2. Name the indigenous people who have lived on the Australian continent for over 40,000 years.
3. The First Fleet brought these people to Australia:
D. all of the above
4. Who was elected Prime Minister in 1996?
A. Alvin Prinson
B. John Howard
C. Stephen Campbel
D. Richard Jones
5. What is the capital of Australia?
6. The Barossa Valley is known for its:
A. animal parks
B. auto manufacturing
7. In the 1850s gold was found in the state of:
C. West Australia
8. Uluru is the ancient name of what geographic wonder?
A. The Great Australian Bight
B. Botony Bay
C. Kangaroo Island
D. Ayers Rock
9. Opals are mined near what underground city?
A. Cooper Peedy
C. Alice Springs
10. Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo is located in which Australian state?
A. New South Wales
D. South Australia
Conditions of Use