for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Muhammad Ali - Sporting Legend
A quiz on the man born Cassius Clay whose impact on the world exceeded his boxing achievements.
July 01, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Muhammad Ali @ Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Why did the twelve year old Cassius Clay want to learn boxing?
A. He had been bullied at school.
B. Someone had stolen his bike.
C. To teach his older brother a lesson
D. It was one of the sports where blacks could compete against whites
2. Muhammad Ali, boxing as Cassius Clay, won a gold medal at the Rome Olympics boxing in what weight division?
C. Light Heavyweight
D. Super Heavyweight
3. Turning professional after the Rome Olympics, Cassius Clay was dubbed with what derogatory title?
A. The Mouth from the South
B. Louisville Lip
C. The Louisville Loudmouth
D. Clay the spray
4. Who did Cassius Clay defeat to win the World Championship in 1964?
A. Floyd Patterson
B. Rocky Marciano
C. Joe Louis
D. Sonny Liston
5. When did Muhammad Ali adopt this Islamic name?
A. Soon after becoming world champion in 1964
B. When he became a conscientious objector to the Vietnam War
C. Before his first fight with Joe Frazier
D. After his "rumble in the jungle" with George Foreman
6. Muhammad Ali summed up his feelings about refusing to serve in the Vietnam War with what memorable quote?
A. I have enough battles in America without picking a fight in Vietnam
B. The Vietnamese don't need me to fight their fights.
C. I'll fight to defend my country, the Vietnamese should do the same.
D. No Vietcong ever called me nigger
7. In what bout did Ali win back his world title after having been stripped of it for his refusal to serve in Vietnam?
A. Against Joe Frazier in 1971
B. Against Ken Norton in 1974
C. Against George Foreman in 1974
D. Against Leon Spinks in 1978
8. Muhammad Ali's rivalry with Joe Frazier was legendary. How many times did they meet in the ring?
9. Muhammad Ali became the first heavyweight champion to win the title three times. Who did he beat to win the title for third time?
A. Ken Norton
B. Joe Frazier
C. George Foreman
D. Leon Spinks
10. Which of the following was not part of the "Ali style"?
A. Self-deprecation and modesty
B. Taunting opponents with predictions of their defeat
C. Memorable sound-bites
D. Inventing the Ali shuffle
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by