for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Dalai Lama - Spiritual Leader
A quiz on the man who has become the world's conscience on many pressing issues.
June 30, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The current Dalai Lama occupies a position held previously by how many men?
2. The current Dalai Lama was born in what year?
3. What religious persuasion is the Dalai Lama?
4. How did the current Dalai Lama become to be chosen for his role?
A. He claimed relics belonging to the previous Dalai Lama to be his own
B. He was chosen by his predecessor on his death bed.
C. He became a monk at 5 years of age and was eventually chosen by his mentors.
D. He inherited the role from his father.
5. The Dalai Lama comes from what Asian nation?
6. Why did the Dalai Lama flee his country in 1959?
A. As a protest against the India/Pakistan conflict
B. To raise awareness of the poverty in his country
C. As the result of a coup
D. He was fearful the occupying Chinese intended to kill him.
7. What respectful title does the Dalai Lama have?
A. His Worship
B. Immaculate Soul
C. His Highness
D. His Holiness
8. The Dalai Lama has been recognized by many countries and institutions. Which of the following is an award he has not received?
A. Albert Schweitzer Humanitarian Award
B. Papal Knighthood
C. Nobel Peace Prize
D. Mahatma Gandhi Award for Reconciliation and Peace
9. What did the Dalai Lama do in 2011 that none of his predecessors had done?
A. Accepted the role of other religions
C. Devolved his power to the elected leader of his country
D. Nominated a a successor
10. Complete the following quote from the Dalai Lama - "The most important thing is ____________ in daily life then you can know gradually the true value of religion."
Conditions of Use