for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Stephen Hawking - A Brilliant Mind
A quiz on one of the most amazing intellects of all time.
March 08, 2013
Science & Nature
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Stephen W Hawking
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What basic skill did Stephen Hawking not acquire while at primary school?
A. tie his shoe laces
D. catch and throw a ball
2. At which famous university did Stephen Hawking undertake his tertiary education?
3. In which discipline did Stephen Hawking receive a professorship at Cambridge University in 1977?
4. What was the cause of Stephen Hawking's confinement to a wheelchair?
A. Cerebral palsy
B. Bell's palsy
C. Motor neurone disease
D. Alzheimer's disease
5. As of 2013, how many times has Stephen Hawking been married?
6. What is the title of Stephen Hawking's most famous book?
A. The Big Bang and Beyond
B. Time, Eternity and God
C. The Origins of the Universe
D. A Brief History of Time
7. Stephen Hawking uses a computerised voice to communicate. What caused him to use this?
A. Degeneration of his nerve endings
B. Paralysis of his tongue
C. A tracheotomy to relieve pneumonia
D. Larangeal cancer
8. Stephen Hawking has become a media cult figure. On which of the following was his image or voice not used?
A. Star Trek: The Next Generation
B. The Simpsons
C. The Office
D. Pink Floyd
9. Which of the following best describes Stephen Hawking's opinion of God?
A. God can be quite easily removed from the creation of the universe.
B. God, like the universe, is unlimited.
C. As the universe collapses, so will God.
D. Discovering the theory of everything would reveal the mind of God.
10. Which of the following quotes was not made by Stephen Hawking?
A. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
B. God not only plays dice, He also sometimes throws the dice where they cannot be seen.
C. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first.
D. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Conditions of Use