for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Some Corrupt Politicians - Redundant?
American politicians convicted of crimes while in office, or were caught with their pants down.
October 08, 2011
Crime & Law
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: enotes.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What former Bill Clinton Security Adviser pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of unlawfully removing classified documents from the National Archives in (2005)?
A. Sandy Berger
B. Hillary Clinton
C. Bill Clinton
D. Chelsea Clinton
2. On November 13, 2009, this person was sentenced to 13 years for bribery after a corruption investigation, the longest sentence ever handed down to a congressman for bribery or any other crime. Who was this person? HINT: he had $90K in cold cash when he w
A. Newt Grengich
B. Anthony Weiner
C. Nancy Pelosi
D. Bill Jefferson
3. In December 1994, this man pleaded guilty to federal mail fraud and tax evasion charges in connection with his handling of billing at the Rose Law Firm, a firm with partners that once included Hillary Clinton. Who was he?
A. Roger Clinton
B. Vince Foster
C. Al Gore
D. Web Hubbell
4. Congressional Postmaster Robert Rota pleaded guilty to three criminal charges, implicating this Chicago area big-wig in a conspiracy to launder Post Office money through stamps and postal vouchers. Who was the big wig?
A. Frank Kerrigan
B. Joe Kolter
C. Dan Rostenkowski
D. Frank Kerrigan
5. Senator Larry Pressler was shown being offered a bribe during what early 1980s scandal, when one US Senator and 5 Congressman were convicted and spent time in jail?
A. Iran Contra
C. Oil for Food Scam
6. How much did Vice President Agnew fork over in civil penalties, after he was convicted of perjury?
A. On the close order of $2.5 million dollars.
B. About $2,500.
C. About $25,000.
D. On the close order of $250,000.
7. In total, how many Senators and Congresspersons were convicted during the 1980s Abscam debacle?
A. One Senator, five Congressman.
B. One Congressman, five Senators.
C. One Congressman, one Senator, one Vice President.
D. Two Senators and Three Congressman.
8. Good old Ted Kennedy was severely punished for his car accident, where Mary Jo Kopechne was left to drown. What was his final heinous sentence?
A. Criminally negligent homicide, 2 years supervised probabition.
B. Leaving the scene of an accident, driver's license suspended for two months.
C. Leaving the accident; two months of home confinement.
D. Leaving the accident; alcohol rehabilitation, two weeks home confinement, drug rehabilitation.
9. Why was Nixon in so much hot water over Watergate?
A. Because he tried to hide the bugging of the DNC rooms.
B. Because G. Gordon Liddy beat up the DNC Chairman.
C. Because he was cursing and drinking to excess infront of Congress.
D. Because of the Pentagon Papers, and the bombing of Cambodia.
10. Iran Contra was a plan to do what?
A. overthrow the government of Nicaragua.
B. buy cocaine for congresspeople.
C. de-rail Reagan's re-election campaign.
D. sell crack to inner-city kids.
Pine River Consulting 2022