for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Abigail Adams
Abigail Adams was the wife of John Adams, who was the second President of the United States, and the mother of John Quincy Adams, the sixth. She was the first Second Lady of the United States and the second First Lady of the US.
October 03, 2011
Presidential First Ladies
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Abigail Adams @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. John Adams and Abigail were related to what degree?
A. First cousins.
B. Second cousins.
C. Third cousins.
D. Fourth cousins.
2. How did Abigail's mother feel about John Adams?
A. She was appalled; John Adams was a county lawyer.
B. She was charmed with John Adams, and encouraged Abigail to marry him.
C. She did not approve of cousins marrying.
D. She approved, but her husband was dead set against the marriage.
3. How many children did Abigail and John Adams have?
4. John Quincy Adams was Abigail's first son; how did he distinguish himself later in life?
A. He was elected President of the USA.
B. He was an ax murderer.
C. He was a successful Naval Captain during the Barbary wars.
D. He died an alcoholic at the age of 30.
5. Abigail's second son died at the age of 30; what was the cause of death?
A. Incipient alcoholism.
B. Small pox.
D. He died in the US Navy, in Tripoli.
6. Abigail Adams was so politically active that her political opponents came to refer to her as what?
A. "Bigmouth Abigail".
B. "Madame President".
C. "Whitehouse Shrew".
D. "Mrs. President".
7. Abigail and John Adams are well documented historically; what provides much of the historical source documentation for their times and travails?
A. Journals of their extensive servants.
B. Their children wrote biographies.
C. Personal correspondence between them.
D. George Washington kept detailed records of their comings and goings.
8. In 1776, Abigail sent a letter to John Adams and the Continental Congress, requesting they do what?
A. attempt to reconcile with the British Monarchy.
B. consider women's rights when creating a new set of laws in the United States.
C. give up the Revolution, and allow the husbands to return to home and kin.
D. withdraw from the British Empire and establish a new and better country in America.
9. What were Abigail Adams' feelings about slavery?
A. The Adams family owned slaves.
B. They were both staunch abolitionists.
C. Both felt the peculiar institution should be tolerated, for the good of the country.
D. Both were closet racists, but were careful not to display their revulsion in African Americans.
10. Abagail Adams died on October 28, 1818. How did she die?
A. typhoid fever
D. ovarian cancer
Conditions of Use