for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Sir Donald Bradman - "The Don"
Statistically, Donald Bradman has been called the greatest sportsman ever. No test cricketer has come close to his average, over sixty years since his retirement.
August 24, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Donald Bradman Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Donald Bradman was known for his many high scores but how many test ducks (0) did he make?
2. As a child, Don Bradman honed his remarkable skills by doing what?
A. Using a skipping rope while swinging a cricket bat
B. Carrying a cricket bat with him to school for three years
C. Hitting a golf ball against a water tank using a cricket stump
D. Having his father repeatedly throw him cricket balls while wearing roller skates
3. Don Bradman had a test batting average of 99.94. What is the next best test average?
4. At which test arena did Bradman achieve his best scoring average?
A. Sydney Cricket Ground
B. Melbourne Cricket Ground
5. Donald Bradman was famously bowled for a duck in his last test innings. Who was the bowler who claimed his wicket?
A. Fred Trueman
B. Jim Laker
C. Eric Hollies
D. Harold Larwood
6. How many tests did Bradman take to score his 29 centuries?
7. Which of the following is not true of Donald Bradman?
A. Has the most double centuries of any test batsman
B. Was the fastest player to achieve 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 & 6000 test runs
C. Scored the most centuries in test cricket
D. Scored the most centuries in a single session of play
8. Bradman captained the Australian team on its undefeated tour of England in 1948. What nickname was this team given?
A. The Indefatigables
B. The Invincibles
C. The Unconquered
D. The Supremes
9. Against which opposition country did Bradman score his most number of runs and centuries
A. West Indies
B. New Zealand
10. Donald Bradman died in February, 2001 at the age of 92. Why was his death regarded as "odd"?
A. He had suffered many life-threatening illnesses and was expected to die much earlier
B. He had never been dismissed in the 90's during his career
C. Bradman had falsified his age making people believe he was younger
D. His wife and children had all pre-deceased him
Pine River Consulting 2022