for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Nancy Wake - Decorated Woman of WWII
The story of Nancy Wake, whose bravery, cunning and audacity made her the most wanted target of the German Gestapo in France during World War II.
August 18, 2011
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Nancy Wake Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which country was Nancy Wake born in 1912?
B. New Zealand
2. To which country did Nancy, her five siblings and parents emigrate in 1914?
D. U S A
3. Nancy had itchy feet and toured the world, training to become what?
B. Opera singer
4. Nancy married Frenchman, Henri Fiocca in 1939. What happened to him during World War II?
A. He defected to the Nazis
B. He was captured, tortured and killed by the Gestapo
C. He was killed in the D Day invasion
D. He was mistaken for a German and shot by the Resistance
5. Such was Nancy Wake's cunning and elusiveness during World War II in France that the Germans gave her what name?
B. The Little Sparrow
C. The Black Snake
D. The White Mouse
6. During a Resistance campaign how far did Nancy ride a bicycle in 72 hours, passing through many German checkpoints?
A. 300 miles (500 km)
B. 400 miles (650 km)
C. 500 miles (800 km)
D. 600 miles (950 km)
7. Which of the following exploits was not achieved by Nancy Wake during World War II?
A. Parachuted into France
B. Killed a Gerrman soldier with her bare hands
C. Commanded a force of 7000 troops
D. Drank George S Patton under the table in a celebrated contest
8. Which of the following awards did Nancy Wake not receive?
A. George Medal from England
B. Distinguished Service Medal from Australia
C. Croix de Guerre from France
D. U S Medal of Freedom
9. Following the war Nancy engaged in which new challenge?
A. She ran unsuccessfully three times for a seat in the Australian parliament
B. She migrated to the U S and became an Army major
C. She became the French ambassador to West Germany
D. She staged a successful speaking stage tour through England and France
10. Nancy Wake died in August, 2011, aged 98. In which country did she spend the last ten years of her life?
D. New Zealand
Pine River Consulting 2022