for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Phar Lap - Australia's Equine Hero
Phar Lap, the freak of nature that won the hearts of a nation.
August 15, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Phar Lap @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which country was Phar Lap born?
A. New Zealand
C. United States of America
2. "Phar Lap" comes from Thai and means what?
C. All powerful
3. How many wins from 51 starts did Phar Lap achieve?
4. Before winning the 1930 Melbourne Cup what celebrated event occurred to Phar Lap?
A. He was voted Horse of the Year
B. He sired twin foals
C. Criminals attempted to shoot him
D. He became the first horse to win the Cox Plate as a two year old.
5. Which of the following names was not one by which Phar Lap was known?
B. The Red Terror
D. Big Red
6. What was Phar Lap's greatest winning streak?
A. eight races in a row
B. ten races in a row
C. twelve races in a row
D. fourteen races in a row
7. Which body part of Phar Lap's was almost twice the size of an average horse?
8. In which country did Phar Lap win his last race?
B. New Zealand
9. Phar Lap died mysteriously in America in 1932 from what condition?
A. cyanide poisoning
B. bacterial gastroenteritis
C. insecticide spray on his feed
D. heart attack
10. Where can visitors see the mounted hide of Phar Lap?
A. Sydney, Australia
B. Rotorua, New Zealand
C. Melbourne, Australia
D. Wellington, New Zealand
Pine River Consulting 2022