for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - King George VI - An Example of Devotion and Duty
The story of King George VI's battle with a speech impediment was made into an Oscar-winning film. Find out more about the man who was not meant to be King of England.
July 02, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
King George VI
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Kin George VI at historical.ws)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Albert Edward Arthur George was born December 14, 1895. He was known to his family by what name?
2. What is thought to have been the cause of King George's speech impediment?
A. shorter than normal tongue
B. harsh discipline from his nanny
C. an attempt to change his natural left-handedness
D. an incident when he narrowly escaped drowning at age 5
3. As a young man, King George received training in which branch of the armed services?
A. Royal Marines
D. Coldstream Guards
4. Who did the future King George VI marry in January, 1923?
A. Lady Sarah Grantham-Sussex
B. Lady Charlotte Fitzwilliam-Sykes
C. Lady Mary Carmichael-Jones
D. Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
5. How many children did King George VI and his wife have?
6. King George VI was assisted to overcome his speech problems by the speech therapist, Lionel Logue who hailed from which country?
C. New Zealand
D. South Africa
7. King George VI became King of Great Britain in 1936 upon the abdication of his brother who was known as?
A. Edward VII
B. George V
C. Edward VIII
D. William IV
8. In June, 1939 King George VI and wife became the first reigning British monarchs to visit which country?
9. During World War II, where did King George VI and his family mostly live?
A. Balmoral Castle
C. Isle of Man
D. Buckingham Palace
10. King George VI died at the young age of 56 from what illness?
A. Heart attack
B. Lung cancer
D. Bowel cancer
Conditions of Use